Your Complete DIY Guide About Website Grants & LEO Online Trading Voucher Available To You!
#What’s A Trading Online Voucher?
The Trading Online Voucher is a scheme which will pay up to half €2500 of your total web design development costs of €5000.
This scheme is setup and offered by the LEO (Local Enterprise Office) therefore you must match the other half and any costs over and beyond the total of €5000.
With the online trend continue to increase towards online spending it is estimated that only 23% of small Irish businesses are engaged in any meaningful way in e-Commerce sales.
For businesses employing less than ten people, this percentage could be even lower.
It is now believed that of online purchases made in Ireland that 70% of these are done in overseas markets.
There is now an urgency to ensure that businesses recognise that this is happening and that they are encouraged and supported to correctly respond to this digital reality.
To this end, the Department of Communications, Energy & Natural Resources (DCENR) has launched a Trading Online Voucher Programme and has teamed up with the Local Enterprise Offices to deliver this to Irish business.
Those wishing to avail of a trading online voucher must attend an obligatory Information seminar.
At each seminar, attendees will be informed of the purpose of the scheme and how best to use and get value from the application of the trading online voucher.
#Here’s A List of What Voucher Can be Used For:
- IT consultation
- Development or upgrade of an e-commerce website
- Implementing Online payments or booking system
- Purchase of Internet-related software
- Purchase of online advertising (this purchase cannot make up any more than 30% of approved Voucher costs and can only be drawn down in one payment phase)
- Developing an app (or multi-platform web-pages)
- Implementing a digital marketing strategy i.e. Social media marketing
- Consultation with information & communications technology (ICT) experts for early-stage adopters of online strategy
- Training/skills development specifically to establish and manage an online trading activity
#Making informed decisions
The training provided by your local enterprise office puts you in a position to decide what is best for your business.
#Cutting the cost
By eliminating the cost of developing your online trading capacity by up to half can make the investment very affordable for many small businesses out there.
Information sessions cover various topics, including developing a website, digital marketing, social media for business and search engine optimisation.
The information provided is impartial and will help you decide on what trading online options, are right for your business.
#How Do I Qualify for the scheme?
In order to qualify for this scheme you business must have:
- no more than 10 employees;
- less than €2m in turnover;
- be trading for at least 6 months and
- be located in the region of the local enterprise office to whom they are applying.
Over 2,000 businesses, just like yours, have already benefited from the scheme. Don’t get left behind. Your Local Enterprise Office can help and support you throughout the process.
Businesses that participated in the scheme reported that, on average they saw their sales increase by 20%, with an 80% jump in sales leads and 3 in 5 exporting for the first time.
For many businesses, the question is not whether to trade online, it’s how to start. At least 2,000 small businesses have found answers to that question and a helping hand to take that step through the Trading Online Voucher Scheme. Some of them are your competitors.
At Brains.ie we are a full service digital agency offering the following services at very competitive prices!
1. Web Development
2. Mobile App Development
3. UI/UX Design
4. SEO (search engine optimisation)
5. Search Engine Marketing
6. Social Media Marketing
8. Web Security
9. Website Audit
10. Technical Analysis
11. Business Consulting Services
You can find your Local Enterprise Office here (opens in a new window).
If you are interested in us helping you apply for the Trading Online Voucher please get in touch today and we can talk you through the process and help with the paperwork.